Bar Code Labels
Materials needed: (These files can be found in the sidebar)
- Barcode Form
- Barcode File Template
- Barcode Ordering Guide (optional)
Create Barcode File:
Using the Barcode File Template enter your student information in the appropriate fields.
The only columns that must be completed on the spreadsheet are:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
- Grade Level
- School ID #
- Student ID #
All other fields are optional, i.e., class name, class code, ethnicity, cogAT form, etc.
- Export your data from the NAD Toolkit Data Rollup window by clicking on the Conference Data link in the Data Rollup Window.
- Click on the "Download CSV" and save the file.
- Copy and paste the data from this CSV to the appropriate columns in the Bar Code template.
Leave any fields not needed blank; do not alter the barcode template.
Complete Barcode Form template:
Be sure to save this form to your computer first, then complete all the sections, and save again to avoid uploading a blank form.
- Section 1 complete order and shipping information
- Section 2 Check appropriate box
- Section 3 Check appropriate box
- Section 4 enter the number of students you have in each grade; remove any grades not testing from the template
- Section 5 add any fields not already checked that you have included in your barcode file and wish to be taken from your barcode file instead of bubbling the answer document
Submitting Barcode File and Barcode Form:
- Upload your completed barcode file and barcode form to your secure FTP site. Contact Naomi Gaul-Treanor via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for your conference’s sFTP login information if needed.
- Be sure to include your conference name and conference address
- Barcode File Template and Barcode Form should be uploaded as soon as possible.
It takes about 10 business days from a good file to generate the barcode labels. These are then sent via 2-day UPS so plan accordingly to allow enough time to distribute the barcode labels.